We’ve had an amazing 2018 at Rewind. As we take a moment to look back over the last year, it’s easy to see that we’re continuing to grow and evolve to meet the ever changing needs of online business owners. The ecommerce ecosystem is constantly advancing and we’re pleased to have the capability to continue to better serve its user base.
We’re certainly looking forward to 2019. For this year, we plan on rolling out new features to serve our existing platforms and customers, and to integrate Rewind into new platforms to backup and restore even more data for people.
But first, let’s take a step back for a minute…
We have a few 2018 highlights to share:
- We launched our 3rd integration: Rewind for QuickBooks Online.
- Our install count increased to 16,000 globally!
- Big brands like Gymshark, and Knix became loyal customers.
- We accumulated over 600 5-star customer reviews.
- Our team more than doubled! We’re now 20 strong and growing fast – check out our careers page!
- We outgrew our space at Invest Ottawa, and moved into our new office space in Hintonburg – a great, trendy spot with cafes, restaurants, and cool shops.
- The Best Ottawa Business Awards, an award highlighting our city’s most innovative and successful companies and business leaders, announced us as a winner in their #NextBigThing category.
- We also won the 2018 Employees’ Choice Award. Being one of only 10 companies in Ottawa to win the award underscored just how much our team is valued and how invested we are in their well-being and happiness.
- We were fortunate to attend a variety of events hosted by Shopify, BigCommerce and Intuit. Additionally, we attended SaaS North, an event that brings the entire Canadian SaaS ecosystem under one roof.
- Our partnerships with the platforms we cover also grew. We were featured on their blogs, and listed as a must have app on their app stores.
We also have a few words to say…
As our team grows, we thought it would be nice to share their perspectives of the past year, what they’re proud of, and what they want to see in 2019. Here’s what a few of our members had to say:
Rally Stanoeva – Partner Marketing Manager
Having been a solo-marketer for almost a year at Rewind, one of the biggest achievements in 2018 was growing our marketing team. It has allowed us to up our digital marketing game, dedicate more time to partners, and have better processes. Another highlight of the year was attending the BigCommerce Partner Summit in Austin, Texas. The team at BigCommerce is really supportive of what we’re doing and it was invaluable to get to meet them in person. For 2019, I’m most excited to see where we can take our partner program.
Julian Huff – Senior Software Developer
Wow, 2018 – it really flew with Rewind. There have been a couple of occasions where disaster has struck and I’ve gotten to roll up my sleeves and help a customer out. When a fellow entrepreneur’s store is no longer down for maintenance, that’s something that sticks with you and is a feeling that’s hard to put into words. 2019 is going to be a big year, we plan on expanding to six additional platforms. I look forward to the future development and the positive impact we can make on other entrepreneurs.
James Ciesielski – Co-Founder & Chief Technology Officer
Mike and I have been very fortunate to say, with no hyperbole, that every year of this start-up journey, has been more rewarding, humbling, and cherished than the last. There are so many great things to highlight from 2018: first and foremost, we grew our amazing team from 7 to 20 people. It means a tremendous amount when someone entrusts us with their careers; it validates our culture and the path we set-up for the business. With all the extra bodies, we had to move from our beloved shared space at Invest Ottawa to a cozy office on Hintonburg – Rewind has it’s own place in the city!
Not only that, but our name started to become more known around town; we won our first two awards as a company, taking home the mantle of Ottawa’s Next Big Thing and an Employees Choice award! With continued success over the year came the need to set up the product for future growth; we re-engineered the underpinnings of Rewind and did so without any downtime or data loss – a massive undertaking and achievement. The last thing that I want to highlight is how, amidst all of this wonderful growth and change, customer satisfaction remained at an all time high. We never lost sight of our customers, their needs, and how we exist to help them be successful at what they do.
Clearly 2019 has some mighty big shoes to fill. I’m looking forward to the challenge of helping customers across many new SaaS segments, getting closer to our goal of becoming the “Dropbox” for online services. I’m eager to see how our team can give back and make a positive dent in the community. Lastly, I want the name Rewind to be perceived as a premiere place in Ottawa to work.
We gave back to our community (and we’ll continue to do so!)
- Together we raised over $1,350 and donated to the local Food Bank following the devastating hurricanes in September.
- We collected toys for Toy Mountain to give to underprivileged children at Christmas.
- Together with a few other high tech companies, we raised more than $11,000 for local women’s shelters – Interval House, and Chrysalis House.
We’ve certainly upped our giving in the last year. And we plan on giving just as much if not more this year. What an incredible journey we’ve had in 2018! We’re pretty excited for what’s to come in 2019!